Prep time: 5 minutes
Prep notes: Soaking Time: 1-12 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 people
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- Presoak and rinse rice
- Add water and salt to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add rice. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 50 minutes if it is short grain, and 35 minutes if it is long grain.
- When done, pull from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork before serving.
For extra fluffy rice, heat water to a boil. Then put the rinsed grains in a dry skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until the grains are dry. Add hot dry rice to boiling water, add salt and continue cooking.