Prep time: 2 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 3 people
- 3 cups water or stock
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring water or stock to boil.
- Add polenta and salt, stirring gently.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep polenta from sticking to bottom of pot.
- Polenta is done cooking when the grains are soft to taste and most of the water is absorbed.
- Try grilling or frying polenta. Pour it into a baking dish and let it chill in the fridge for one hour. When it has solidified, slice it into triangles and fry in a hot pan with a little olive oil, or brush with oil and grill for 2 minutes on each side. Try it topped with pesto or marinara.