Prep time: 20 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 people
- 2 beets
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Place beets in a pot, cover with 1 inch with water and boil for 20-30 minutes, until a fork pierces easily through the middle of each beet.
- While beets are cooking, wash fennel and slice very thin.
- Chiffonade mint (chop into thin ribbons).
- Zest oranges and juice them into a bowl.
- When beets are cooked, drain them in the sink and rinse under cold water.
- Peel the skin off beets with hands and chop beets into1/4-inch thick, quarter rounds.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
This salad is famous for converting non-beet eaters into beet lovers!