Prep time: 10 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 32 minutes
Yields: 8 people
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 apples, chopped
- 8-10 wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and dice butternut squash into about 1-inch cubes.
- Mix together the spices, ghee or oil, nut butter, lemon juice and maple syrup. Add a bit of water if too thick (should be like a thick dressing).
- In a bowl, pour 2/3 of the mixture over squash and toss, covering all the pieces evenly.
- Place squash on a baking sheet and into oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix apple into remaining sauce mixture.
- Remove squash from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Alternate apple and squash pieces on skewers.
- Put back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until both are soft.
- These are great as an appetizer, dessert or snack.
- They will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.