Prep time: 10 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 people
- 4-6 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup green peas
- Place parsnips, onion, nutmeg, salt and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer 20 minutes, or until the parsnips are soft.
- Using an immersion blender purée soup until very creamy. If necessary add more water to get desired consistency.
- Add green peas and mix with a spoon.
- Once peas are heated through, serve in individual bowls
- Use 2 cups rice or soy milk and 2 cups water for a more silky texture.
- Replace some of the parsnips with carrots.