Prep time: 30 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 people
- 1 large purple turnip, washed, diced into 1/2" cubes w/ skin
- 1/2 acorn squash, washed, seeded, diced into 1/2" cubes w/ skin
- 1/2 small butternut squash, washed, seeded, diced into 1/2" cubes w/ skin
- 2 tbs. grapeseed or canola oil (for baking)
- 1/2 head of kale, sliced paper thin crosswise
- 1/2 head of Lacinto Kale, sliced paper thin crosswise
- 1 tbs. each, raw pumpkin seeds, ground flax seeds, crushed pecans
- 2 tbs. dried cranberries
- 1 tbs. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced small
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- gomasio for flavor (optional)
- 2 tbs first cold pressed EV olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the diced turnip, acorn and butternut squash in a large baking tray.
- Cover with 1-2 tbs. of grapeseed oil, mix until coated and top with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking and turning over halfway through. When the veggies are baked, place them in a large bowl and add all of the other ingredients, mix well making sure everything is coated with the fresh olive oil.
- Add sea salt, gomasio and pepper to taste and serve warm.
Courtesy of Amanda Andruzzi