coconut oil to grease pan
1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
1 cup chopped toasted nuts of choice
¾ cup and of the following ingredients: ground flax seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut
1 1/2 cups puffed or crisped grain cereal such as puffed brown rice or millet (unsweetened)
1 cup dried fruit - raisins, cranberries, currants, diced dried apricots, figs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
¼ cup almond or sunflower seed butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp sea salt
1. Grease and 8” square baking pan with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, cereal, dried fruit, and cinnamon.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the brown rice syrup and nut butter. Heat gently and stir until smooth. Turn off heat and add vanilla and sea salt.
4. Pour liquid ingredients over cereal mixture and stir until well combined and evenly incorporated. Spread into prepared pan. Using wax or parchment paper, press the mixture tightly into the pan. Make it as compact as possible.
5. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before cutting into 16 bars. These stay well in the refrigerator for up to one week.