Roasted Kabocha Squash
Prep time: 5 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 60 minutes
Yields: 4 people
- 1 whole kabocha
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub the squash. Cut in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place halves on a lightly oiled baking dish and cover, baking for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- The skin of the squash is packed with great nourishment and can be eaten when baked. If you do not want the skin, peel the squash and cut into cubes.
- Sprinkle your favorite spice on the squash before baking such as cinnamon, thyme, rosemary, curry, cumin or sage.