Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 people
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup flaxseed or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If you want smooth salsa, place half of the mixture in a food processor or blender and pulse for 1-2 seconds to chop the mixture, not purée.
- Try with different apples or combine 3 different types.
- This is great with baked chips, grilled veggies or in Mexican dishes.